HDAA APPROVED ACCREDITOR FOR STAGE II
HDAA is an Approved Accreditor, appointed by the Department of Health and Ageing, for the Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation Scheme.
Templates & Guidance to assist practices apply for accreditation.
The Department of Health and Ageing (DoHA) have released comprehensive guidance materials to assist Practices complete an application for the Full Suite of Practice Accreditation Standards.
The guidance materials include detailed information on each standard explaining what is required, references to State and Territory legislation and templates that practices can adopt to produce the evidence required to meet the Standards.
HDAA strongly endorses these guidance materials and word templates for practices seeking support with preparing for accreditation. The full set of materials can be downloaded from this link to DoHA's website.
Background to the DI Scheme
The Health Insurance Act 1973 provides the legislative framework for the Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation scheme. The scheme, now into Stage II, includes a greater range of diagnostic imaging services and more comprehensive Standards.
The scope of the Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation scheme includes radiology and non-radiology diagnostic imaging services and provides practices with eligiblility to Medicare Australia funding for relevant services.
As an experience provider of diagnostic imaging accreditation services HDAA has designed a straightforward membership to support practices with accreditation and maintenance of accreditation through Stage II.
Practices that provide Medicare funded diagnostic imaging services shown below must achieve and maintain accreditation to ensure ongoing Medicare funding.
Diagnostic Imaging Services Table (DIST included in Stage II)
- Ultrasound - Medicare Code ULT: DI Service Table Group I1.
- Computed tomography - Medicare Code CTG: DI Service table Group I2.
- General Radiology (X-ray) - Medicare Code RAD: DI Service table Group I3 subgroups 1,2,4 -9, 12, 14. Group I3 Sub group 3 items 57901 -57945 only.
- Mammography- Medicare Code RAD: DI Service table Group I3 subgroups 10.
- Angiography - Medicare Code RAD: DI Service table Group 13 subgroups I3, 16.
- Fluoroscopy - Medicare Code RAD: DI Service table Group I3 subgroups 15, 17.
- Orthopantomography - Medicare Code RAD: DI Service table Group I3 subgroup 13 items 57960, 57963, 57966, 57969 only.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging - Medicare Code MRI: DI Service table Group I5.
- Nuclear Medicine Imaging - Medicare Code NME: DI Service table Group I4.
Go to "Our Programs" and select the "Enroll for Stage II" tab join the scheme for the first time.
You can also select the "Di Standards" tab above to read the Standards and more about the background and legislation governing the scheme.
Please call the HDAA diagnostic imaging team on 1800 601 696 for any guidance or support with your diagnostic imaging accreditation.