NATIONAL SAFETY AND QUALITY IN HEALTH SERVICE STANDARDS (NSQHSS)
The Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (ACSQHC) has granted approval to HDAA to assess health service organisations using the National Safety & Quality In Health Care Services Standards (NSQHSS).
HDAA has been awarded Approval as an Accreditor for The National Safety & Quality in Health Services Standards (NSQHSS) by the Australian Commission on Safety & Quality in Health Care (ACSQHC) .
The NSQHSS address the following areas:
- Governance for Safety and Quality in Health Service Organisations
- Partnering with Consumers
- Preventing and Controlling Healthcare Associated Infections
- Medication Safety
- Patient Identification and Procedure Matching
- Clinical Handover
- Blood and Blood Products
- Preventing and Managing Pressure Injuries
- Recognising and Responding to Clinical Deterioration in Acute Health Care
- Preventing Falls and Harm from Falls
The ACSQHC's brochure (pdf) detailing the Standards, their intent and context can be dowloaded here. The booklet sets the scene for health service orgnaisions to identify the tasks and considerations required to meet the Standards.
Acknowledgment for this information is given to the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (2011), National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards, ACSQHC, Sydney.
For further information at this time please contact us on 1800 601 696.